You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 20th 2011, 10:58pm

Even AA guns aboard those warships should have had some effect.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 8:37am

My 2 cents ....

When the British attack the italian fleet at Tarent in WW2, they lost 2 of 21 aircraft and in the harbor were 6 BBs, 7 CAs, 2 CLs and DDs 8 !!!!!!

Similarly, the losses of the Japanese during the attack on Pearl Harbour were low ! 29 of 441 aircrafts !! And at this time Pearl was certainly a bigger naval base as Subic !!!

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:07pm

But Pearl Harbor belonged to the US, who didn't KNOW Japan was going to attack eventually. Here, Subic is Filipino, who are already at WAR w/ China. Being under peace time, if not heightened alert status, is a LOT different than being on WAR status.

As far as Taranto, well, honestly the best I can say is the Italians were almost criminally dumb in this instance. 2 overflights of recce a/c and no one thinks "Him, wonder if they have plans for us?". Plus, it was at night.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:35pm

RE: My 2 cents ....

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
When the British attack the italian fleet at Tarent in WW2, they lost 2 of 21 aircraft and in the harbor were 6 BBs, 7 CAs, 2 CLs and DDs 8 !!!!!!

Similarly, the losses of the Japanese during the attack on Pearl Harbour were low ! 29 of 441 aircrafts !! And at this time Pearl was certainly a bigger naval base as Subic !!!

Two aircraft lost at Taranto make for a 9.5% casualty rate. Pearl Harbour has a 6.5% casualty rate. This raid has a 1.2% casualty rate (one plane of 83 on the raid).

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Two aircraft lost at Taranto make for a 9.5% casualty rate. Pearl Harbour has a 6.5% casualty rate. This raid has a 1.2% casualty rate (one plane of 83 on the raid).

I will play with the ratio number to make it closer to Taranto. Lack of air support coupled with complacence should be the reason of the criminal crappy response of the Filipino. I guess the base commander will be sacked.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I guess the base commander will be sacked.

Someone's got to be the scapegoat - but flatly, the Filipinos need to wake up and smell that there's a war on, because they sure don't seem to be taking it very seriously. They're letting their guard on one of their major naval bases slip; they're losing a naval campaign in their front yard; they're selling amphibious tanks to the Persians at the same time they're fighting the world's most populous country... only their political rhetoric seems to be serious. And if the rhetoric's not backed up with action...

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

I guess the base commander will be sacked.

Someone's got to be the scapegoat - but flatly, the Filipinos need to wake up and smell that there's a war on, because they sure don't seem to be taking it very seriously. They're letting their guard on one of their major naval bases slip; they're losing a naval campaign in their front yard; they're selling amphibious tanks to the Persians at the same time they're fighting the world's most populous country... only their political rhetoric seems to be serious. And if the rhetoric's not backed up with action...

True. They war so far have a feel for the General population of something far away. However in their defense the timing was off. The war started two weeks before the Filipino presidential election and pretty much there is a power vacuum in place. Also I responded to you guys recommendations and moved the delivery tanks in the Persia threads to 1942 due to the War.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 5:57pm

Quoted

True. They war so far have a feel for the General population of something far away. However in their defense the timing was off. The war started two weeks before the Filipino presidential election and pretty much there is a power vacuum in place. Also I responded to you guys recommendations and moved the delivery tanks in the Persia threads to 1942 due to the War.

Oh, I missed that. Good call, methinks.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:18pm

Well the order for the tanks was placed in 1940 but will not be completed until 1942. It makes sense for the Government to delay the production of export tanks and put that steel to better use closer to home.

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:25pm

Quoted

Well the order for the tanks was placed in 1940 but will not be completed until 1942. It makes sense for the Government to delay the production of export tanks and put that steel to better use closer to home.

I had noted the change in one of the Persian posts. I still find it interesting that it presumes that the war will be over in time to keep the revised delivery schedule. Good planning that.

;)

Tuesday, June 21st 2011, 10:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

I had noted the change in one of the Persian posts. I still find it interesting that it presumes that the war will be over in time to keep the revised delivery schedule. Good planning that.

;)

LOL. Yes lucky for them.

Wednesday, June 22nd 2011, 12:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

;)

Well, we all know what happens to plans in the face of war. The Filipinos may "Plan" to build and ship the units in 1942, but it could well be 1945 before it actually happens. One never knows.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 12:43am

Real life is doing a number on me so it could take a couple of weeks or more before a major update. Moving to a new city and starting a new job in the next couple of weeks in addition to my current job trying to make me finish a couple of audits before I leave is taking a big chunk of my time.

Wednesday, July 20th 2011, 8:48am

Really no problem !!!! Sometimes things gets more important than wesworld .... seldom but true :D

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 5:01pm

So.... Any ETA on the next update?

Monday, September 26th 2011, 11:14am

Because Perdy is away at present i will continue the stories. To "make it fair" i will send my drafts first to the mods and after the okay i will publish it in the Thread.

Monday, September 26th 2011, 3:27pm

Quoted

Because Perdy is away at present i will continue the stories. To "make it fair" i will send my drafts first to the mods and after the okay i will publish it in the Thread.

Okay. If you'd like to send them to me, I've got many notes from Perdy about the various plans and ideas.

Monday, September 26th 2011, 10:15pm

Okay. I will send it to you so you can comment it.

Monday, September 26th 2011, 10:16pm

Makes things easy. *Shrugs*