You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 12:36am

As King Christian has always been of the opinion that Denmark should join the treaty when the navy has been suitably modernised, the Danish Government suggest that the Castle of Helsingor, north of Copenhagen for the forthcoming treaty discussions.

As can be seen from the aerial view and the map, the security of the 18 hectare site is very easy to maintain, allowing the talks to take place undisturbed.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 1:07am

Berlin has also been suggested in the past...

The Philippines' "second choice" would be Denmark.

Although I would doubt its security against a certain aerial intruder. :-)

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 1:13am

The United States would prefer that if the conference were to take place in the US, that it not take place in Hawaii. An interesting option would be to hold the conference on Mackinac Island in Michigan, as long as it is during the summer months. It is a secluded location where access can be controlled quite nicely and has quality accommodations for the delegates. If the talks are to occur in the winter, I might suggest Catalina Island off the coast of California.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 1:14am

But you forget all those new "Rofix" fighters, 1 man versus the 6 squadrons based in the Copenhagen area!

Add to that the fact that the building (historically) was a military headquarters until 1922 and most of the defences are still functional (in 1928), although in a state of "stand-down", before it was taken over by the government for just this type of event.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 10:14am

I'd support the Danish bid.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 10:34am

Canis,

I support the idea of having the conference in the USA but are those places you propose "manzo-proof"?

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 10:51am

Well, there are always the Carlsbad Caverns! Perhaps I can find a suitable salt mine in the Southwest? That would be about as Manzo-proof as humanly possible.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 6:53pm

India has no preference for location.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 9:38pm

My preferences in order of importance:

Melbourne, Australia
Copenhagen, Denmark
Chinle, USA (or should I go for Carlsbad Caverns)
Manila, Philippines
Any other location

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 10:42pm

Since there seems to be some difference of opinion, I'd suggest we have a "most votes wins" outcome on the treaty talks location. I'd rather not waste time trying to come to a unanimous decision on something that really isn't very important.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 10:52pm

That is essentally what is happening. A quick bid off what places would like to host the event, then a vote to see who wins.

My question is when would you like the voting to start, or are there other bids? I suggest tonight and tomorrow for the vote if that is at all possible (to give all players a chance to respond).

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 11:10pm

I'd allow between now and midnight + 1 Sunday GMT, so as to allow those members who are a little less evident to cast their votes!

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 11:37pm

...and you probably shouldn't be allowed to vote for your own country. ;-)

In that case, my vote is for Denmark.

Tuesday, July 5th 2005, 11:57pm

Iberia supports the Danish bid

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 12:56am

I have two votes for Denmark. out of 14 possible votes

Non-voting nations: Australia, Chile, Germany, Turkey, Denmark (unless planned entry into the treay, or being part of an existing treaty nation counts, in which case Australia, Denmark and perhaps Germany could vote).

Nordmark may be a tie breaker in that is needed.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 1:14am

Whats the tally of votes?

I'd assume Nordmark under Hoomans control would have the same vote as the SAE, so Hoo's vote would count for both.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 2:59am

Updated vote: As of July 10, 2005 at 8:11pm GMT

Location for treaty talks - number of votes for already.

Denmark - 3
USA - 2
SAE - 0
Philippines - 0
Australia - 0
Atlantis - 0
Germany - 1
Abstain - 1

6 known votes left to be placed.
(plus 3 more if the non-signers that wish entry have a vote)

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 3:28am

Add two definate votes for the U.S. (Atlantis and Hooman as the SAE?), Nordmark pending if Hoo decides they too vote for the U.S.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 4:00am

Quoted

Non-voting nations: Australia, Chile, Germany, Turkey, Denmark (unless planned entry into the treay, or being part of an existing treaty nation counts, in which case Australia, Denmark and perhaps Germany could vote).

We could use this countries for tie breakers.

Wednesday, July 6th 2005, 4:30am

If there is need for a tie to be broken, perhaps.

I've updated the voting list above, and may do so until all or nearly all the votes are in.