You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 12:14pm

23th August 1943

The first serial production models of the SH-25 were handed over to the Chinese Air Force. Due to the Sino-Chosen-War there is a need of an aircraft of this type and so there is the possibility to show its skills.

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 10:42am

27th September - Army Test Site near Wuhan

The first tests of the Shuiniu that the turret with its straight plates provides a large target area. For this reason, a different form of the turret was developed. While the first series still had a welded turret, the next production run of 25 units were built with a cast turret. Which offers with its rounded shape a much smaller surface area for enemy weapons. Unfortunately, the weight increased by just over 45 tons.

Specifications:
crew: 5 (Driver, gunner, loader, radio-operator, commander)
weight: 46,8 metric tons
armament: 7,5 cm L/48 MBK-5-1, 2x machine guns
engine: V-12 diesel-engine, 505 hp
speed: on-road= 37 Km/h
range: 260 Km
armor:
hull front = 125 mm
hull sides = 95 mm
hull rear = 50 mm
hull downside = 20 mm
hull topside = 25 mm
turret front = 100 mm
turret sides = 85 mm
turret rear = 60 mm
turret topside = 30 mm

[size=1]Thanks to Daidalos for the drawing[/size]

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 9:06am

30th September

China announced that it will charge an extra tax of 100% on all goods imported from the USA. Furthermore, any export of goods and rawmaterials to the USA is suspended until further notice. China's response to the oil embargo of the United States.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 3:34pm

Oil is contraband, so technically the US isn't the only nation who is not selling China oil. If this is the response of China to the US following international law, then the US is recalling their ambassador and asking the Chinese ambassador to pack his bags. All trade with China is suspended, and all Chinese assets in the US are to be seized. All Chinese nationals will be detained, the US will also slap tariffs on any nation who trades with China.

Are you sure you want to do this?

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 4:00pm

... somehow the image of the Mexican flag flying temporarily over the Alamo in the near future suddenly comes to mind. :)

Not sure about detaining Chinese nationals... On what charge are they to be detained? I also have a feeling that Chinese Americans will be affected by this just because how they look.

What assets do the Chinese have in the US anyway? The only thing I can think of are all the Chinatowns. :D

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 4:27pm

Putting such a high tariff on US goods hurts China more than the US in any case. Like China saying "You white scum! You make me so angry I'm going to cut all of my fingers off!"

Remember that when the US stopped trading with Japan in 1941 (in OTL), it bankrupted Japan within months. Here, the US doesn't even have to do anything - China's totally shooting themselves in the head in the hope that the round will bounce off and annoy the US.

All the US needs to do is sit back, point, and laugh.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 4:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Oil is contraband, so technically the US isn't the only nation who is not selling China oil. If this is the response of China to the US following international law, then the US is recalling their ambassador and asking the Chinese ambassador to pack his bags. All trade with China is suspended, and all Chinese assets in the US are to be seized. All Chinese nationals will be detained, the US will also slap tariffs on any nation who trades with China.

Are you sure you want to do this?

Actually, detaining Chinese nationals without individual cause would not be in accordance with international law; seizing the assets would require cause and is subject to contest in the American court system. Freezing the assets is a different matter, as Brock has noted.

Speaking OOC, this is rather over-reacting to poor Chinese policy decisions.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 4:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
... somehow the image of the Mexican flag flying temporarily over the Alamo in the near future suddenly comes to mind. :)

Somehow I think Walker, Texas Ranger, would love to see someone try this. :-)

The alternate vision is Peter Ustinov from Viva Max. :D

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:01pm

Quoted

The alternate vision is Peter Ustinov from Viva Max. :D

... which is exactly what I was thinking of. :D

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:32pm

Hmm okay however the US can deport Chinese nationals and freeze Chinese assets.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Hmm okay however the US can deport Chinese nationals and freeze Chinese assets.

Technically, deportation would require resort to the courts. However, revoking the visas of Chinese nationals visiting the US can be done without such. The nationals in question would therefore be obliged to depart forthwith or face deportation action with far less legal standing.

Terrible thing about immigration law...
8o

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:46pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Speaking OOC, this is rather over-reacting to poor Chinese policy decisions.

This.

China doesn't need help to shoot themselves in the foot. ;)

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:54pm

Well the original post was written in such a way as to gauge opinions before an official statement is given.

I realize that the US doesn't have to do much to hurt China, but I thought I'd ratchet things up a bit :)

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 5:55pm

Love to know how Mexico will react when they get hit with all those US tariffs because of their dealings with China, so please China. Go ahead! Japan would love to see what will happen to the south of the US. :)
[SIZE=1]New states to be added to the Union very soon XD[/SIZE]

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 6:07pm

Why is it assumed the Chinese economy is highly dependent on the USA?

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 6:23pm

Oil, foodstuffs, steel, manufactured goods, industrial equipment, that would be what the US would sell China during peacetime. Steel and oil would of course be considered contraband, and the US would halt all trade with China as well as put economic and diplomatic pressure on other nations to halt their trade with China.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 6:33pm

Offer to sell is more like it. It's not sure that China would actually be buying that stuff from the US. They get all their oil from Mexico (so you need to start with your tarrifs right there right now!). Seeing how two-faced the SAE is, I would think quite a few things would come from there rather than the US and the SAE would be supplying those goods to Chosen as well. For the SAE, it is all about business and business is good right now (so that is the next place you need to hit with your tarrifs). :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Sep 12th 2013, 6:34pm)

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 6:34pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Why is it assumed the Chinese economy is highly dependent on the USA?

Speaking OOC,

All things considered, at this point in time China is probably not that highly dependent on the USA as one might expect.

1 - China has more domestic industrial capacity, but....
2 - Much of that industry is uncomfortably close to the war zone in Manchuria, so the continued availability of said capacity is open to question
3 - China's largest single trading partner is probably Japan, whose economic policies are somewhat ambiguous
4 - China and Chosen are dependent on foreign sources of oil; there is no way around that. Mexico has been identified as a likely supplier, and
5 - The Fushun coal deposits - where OTL coal liquifaction was carried out - are right on the front lines of the current conflict. This would increase, rather than decrease, Chinese dependence on oil imports.

A US embargo, while perhaps not vital, is going to hurt China (and Chosen) to some degree. The Chinese export embargos are going to hurt more, as soon China will not have foreign exchange resources to pay for needed imports. Certainly trade could be carried on with barter, but such terms of trade would go against the Chinese, and Chinese gold and silver reserves can only be so large. Would anyone extend them credit? Good question... ?(

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 7:36pm

What I am curious about is why the US is being singled out, after all they aren't the only nation not supplying contraband to China. Oil is contraband after all, so other nations who have declared neutrality wouldn't be selling oil to China.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 7:59pm

Quoted

Certainly trade could be carried on with barter, but such terms of trade would go against the Chinese, and Chinese gold and silver reserves can only be so large. Would anyone extend them credit?

Yakuza Boss Japan: "We'd like to have some insurances, Mr. China. A few of your cities would do nicely. That way if you can't pay, we'd still get money." :)

Quoted

What I am curious about is why the US is being singled out, after all they aren't the only nation not supplying contraband to China. Oil is contraband after all, so other nations who have declared neutrality wouldn't be selling oil to China.

Maybe because of the "detaining Chinese nationals" bit? :)