You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 5:42pm

1. This is Alternate history. Focus on the word Alternate in that phrase. That means WW history is not OTL, it is Alternate.

2. What your problem with having 3 other partners in South America. With Brazil as one of the larger powers you can exert influence over the others. Maybe push them into your way of thinking à la Latvia (Lithuanie?) creating a hugely strong regional power that can more effectively threaten SAE and Chile.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 5:52pm

[1. Unless you care to detail the last 10,000 years of human history to an alternate reality, OTL still comes into this. In fact, a central tenant of alternate history is the point of departure from OTL.

2. That's not my goal. I'd rather get along with Chile and as far as Brazil is concerned the SAE is a non-factor.]

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 5:57pm

This seems somewhat familiar...

Ah the troubles of running an existing nation in South America. Chile's been an uphill battle to get past the pre-existing material (or getting the pre-existing material), and Brazil will probably be the same. Probably the person that will have the largest problem will be the one that takes Argentina as they start out with a huge amount of material...mostly stacked against them.

Chile however would not object to the fall of the Alliance as that lessens the support Bolivia can come up with with their possible partner Peru.

I do have a question. When will Argentina be free for the "locals" to write about? The hostility between Chile and Argentina has been removed from the news after the Heluska Incident due to the backlash and other issues that hopefully have been resolved. The only issues that have remained have been Chile and now Brazil's naval counters to Italian (and American actually) produced warships for the disgraced South American power.

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 6:22pm

Quoted

[I fail to see why this is a moderation issue. It's been done, it can't be undone. About the only way to fix it is to screw up Brazil international reputation. I'm not happy about that, but there's nothing that can be realistically done about that other to bite the bullet.]

It's a moderation issue because the moderators have been around long enough to remember this, and because the moderators are responsible for resolving disputes over geography, history, and the like.

So everybody be cool, let us sort out precisely what has and has not been done, okay?

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 6:39pm

Quoted

So everybody be cool, let us sort out precisely what has and has not been done, okay?

I have no problem with that. I still have a year's worth of news to write. Depending on how this resolved I can write the buildup for a breakup or inner Alliance troubles, or whatever. I've got most of 1929 and 1930 to play with it were it won't effect the rest of the world's stories (I hope).

Wednesday, March 1st 2006, 8:06pm

Lets all take a deep breath.

I realize there are some huge inconsistancy's, but they have been compounded by the lack of player participation in that region in addition to the Nordish player also being MIA and unable to fix the mess.

From Pengs posts that I recall the alliance was a rather frail one to begin with.

The Mod's will discuss it and I'm sure the South American players issues will be heard. We will then try and sort out this issue.

Thursday, March 9th 2006, 4:42pm

Having discussed it, the mods (Wes, Hooman, and I) reckoned that the alliance should still be in effect, as other players probably went through the late '20s with that assumption.

That said, the treaty text itself was never posted, so we're suggesting that its duration be ten years, or a year after a signatory gives notice that it's out, whichever is the later. Thus a signatory could provide notice by 7 July 1930, and the treaty would end on 7 July 1931, a decade after it was signed. This should allow the treaty to be ended soon without requiring anybody to break their oath or such.

With the 1921 war now sorted out, I see no reason "the locals" can't write about Argentina in storylines, so long as they bear in mind that Nordmark, SAE, and Italy may take more than a passive interest in what happens. But really, that goes for most NPCs in the world anyway.

If it's considered necessary, I can look at putting together a quick report on 1922-1930 Argentina to clarify military power and diplomatic policy.

Thoughts?