You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 10:01pm

Well, in that case, why the fuzz? Things are as they are - and that is how Perdi put them and how the Doc will continue....

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 10:02pm

Yep ..... that's also my thought .... why NOW change anything only we have a new player for India ???

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:00pm

To clarify on my earlier statement; There was some drama involved in the departure of Persia's last player, which doesn't need exploring at this juncture. Suffice it to say, Many of us raised eyebrows when Perdedor ended up running it, and rapidly concluded a civil war in India's favor, but didn't say much due to other events ongoing. PersonallyI'd like to eventually see Perisa somehow seperate itself from de facto foreign rule in a creative but realistic manner. That all being said, while some of us think that move stretched credulity, it is what is the current "canon" of the sim, and would be Rocky's matter to handle as he sees fit (presuming no objectsions crop up).

On a side note, since I brought up Formosa and China's reunification, I tried looking for the news leading up to that, but all I can find is Q1/1935 Chinese news regarding the final formalities. I'm somewhat curious where the lead-up news and discussion went, if anyone knows.

The Japan and Chosen thing is buried in the huge Japanese news thread covering 1934-1938, and is mostly inferred; Queen Purilun of Chosen was named successor to the Japanese throne. Presumably that has implications towards unification at some point, but nothing's been said of it since.

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
To clarify on my earlier statement; There was some drama involved in the departure of Persia's last player, which doesn't need exploring at this juncture. Suffice it to say, Many of us raised eyebrows when Perdedor ended up running it, and rapidly concluded a civil war in India's favor, but didn't say much due to other events ongoing. PersonallyI'd like to eventually see Perisa somehow seperate itself from de facto foreign rule in a creative but realistic manner. That all being said, while some of us think that move stretched credulity, it is what is the current "canon" of the sim, and would be Rocky's matter to handle as he sees fit (presuming no objectsions crop up).

Well said.

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:31pm

Speaking OOC if anything I would say that any objections should be made IC so we have more IC tension (ie more potential for war)... Speaking IC, PLEASE don't involve India in any more wars!!! :P

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Speaking OOC if anything I would say that any objections should be made IC so we have more IC tension (ie more potential for war)... Speaking IC, PLEASE don't involve India in any more wars!!! :P

Why would Mexico care?

And I would've thought Australia would love to see India get ground down some.

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:45pm

Because if India is in a war, certain warships would no longer be available for purchase. Oh Australia would love for that to happen. If anything Australia would be the one instigating Persia to rebel... Which would lead to a most interesting case of me supporting India against myself. :P

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:52pm

Is confused

Quoted

Because if India is in a war, certain warships would no longer be available for purchase. Oh Australia would love for that to happen.

Which warships? ?(

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 11:53pm

I had deals in place to purchase the 2 CL Trincomalee class in 1942 and the CA Vadodara in 1944.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 12:00am

Quoted

I had deals in place to purchase the 2 CL Trincomalee class in 1942 and the CA Vadodara in 1944.

Uhh... so are you saying that you as Australia want India to get into a war so the ships aren't available for you as Mexico to purchase? ?(

Monday, January 30th 2012, 12:02am

No, I worded it poorly. Australia would love to see India get ground down. Answered two separate questions in the same paragraph.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 4:07pm

I'll ask for official mod confirmation of me as Indian/Persian/Hedjaz/anything else I missed player, at such time as y'all are comfortable with it.

I have taken a half-dozen painkillers and am now reading Indian and Persian news in a (potentially vain) attempt to fully understand what has happened in the past few sim years.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 5:52pm

JUST to annoy Foxy :P

Hey Rocky!

How about ANDAMAN II?

Monday, January 30th 2012, 5:58pm

*Shoves a banana cream pie into Mac's face*

Monday, January 30th 2012, 6:11pm

*completely misses the intended annoyance*

?(

Monday, January 30th 2012, 9:35pm

Just let me say that the assassination of the Shah and the civil war was not Peredor99´s idea but mine so any blame should be on me. He wrote most of the stories because he was a better writer.

As for who was responsible for the murder IC was never disclosed could have been a persian faction or someone else, just another murder mystery.

Monday, January 30th 2012, 9:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Just let me say that the assassination of the Shah and the civil war was not Peredor99´s idea but mine so any blame should be on me. He wrote most of the stories because he was a better writer.

As for who was responsible for the murder IC was never disclosed could have been a persian faction or someone else, just another murder mystery.

OOC: While the identity and motives of the Shah's murderers was never disclosed, I think there'd be some very powerful conspiracy theories pointing at India. Given that the Shah had only a few weeks prior named the Raj as his designated heir, his assassination was... too convenient for the Indian agenda. Given how much people dislike India to start with, in some ways India's innocence or guilt in the matter is almost immaterial. As the conspiracy theory goes, if they find "the real killers, then it's seen as a cover-up. A no-win situation for India, really.

In some ways, the assassination might have made a spectacularly good false-flag operation by one of India's enemies. The Indians would be blamed for the assassination by the world at large ("who has the most to gain from the murder?") and would end up with the headache of the recalcitrant Persians. That doesn't rule out Persian groups, of course - they might have attempted to frame India in order to turn Persian public opinion against the Indians. Granted, if that was the case, the following Civil War and India's assumption of suzerainty constitutes a bit of a backfire of that plan, even if the "Blame India" part of it worked. ;)

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 9:34pm

Incidently - at such time as I get an official "Yes", could I ask folks to advise me of any ongoing or imminent deals they had in the works with India, Persia or Hedjaz? I've heard from one person. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others.

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 9:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Incidently - at such time as I get an official "Yes"

Have you not gotten an official 'yes'? I'd presumed it was so. If not...

*Finds some wax and melts it over a candle*
*Drips the wax onto a sheet of paper*
*Plants signet ring in the wax*
*Puts a Post-it note that says "SERIOUS OFFICIAL BUSINESS" alongside it.*

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 9:44pm

Good to see Bharat / India has a player again ;)