You are not logged in.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:18pm

Recollections on German MTB

I am working to sort through the various classes of German Schnelleboot and I have encountered a knot.

Per the filed sim reports, Germany has 56 S-Boote in the fleet. The encyclopedia accounts for six boats of the 1933 Type and six of the 1936 Type.

Based on the sim reports, the current German S-Boot design carries a 75 ton light displacement, but I have not been able to find a copy of the specifications, nor anything to indicate whether there was or was not an intevening design.

Might anyone have a recollection on the subject?

Thanks,

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:30pm

Further Clarification Needed

In reading through the last dispositions report for the Kriegsmarine, here

I find references to several batches of '150-ton subchasers'. I can't match these to anything Rocky put in the 3Q39 sim report nor anything in the German encyclopedia.

Might someone have an explanation?

Thanks,

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:38pm

The Persian S.Bootes were 105 tons (first 5 sold and built by Germany)

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 8:41pm

Yes, there were some 105t boats, but I've no idea how many there are.

I believe, however, all of the classes had the historical specs, or very close to it.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 9:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Yes, there were some 105t boats, but I've no idea how many there are.

I believe, however, all of the classes had the historical specs, or very close to it.

The closest I've found to a 105-ton boat is here

Did Germany sell some of its earlier boats to Persia, or were the built for export? This is the place where I am hung up on fleet strength.

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:01pm

New boats based on what was (I assume the standard S-Boote), the only changes were that the persian boats use a uniform 25mm armament

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 10:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
New boats based on what was (I assume the standard S-Boote), the only changes were that the persian boats use a uniform 25mm armament

Then I have to assume that they were an export design :(

I could probably come up with some historical stats to explain the current situation, but I'd like to check with those who have been here longer than I have.