You are not logged in.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:30pm

As I recall, some of those Brazilian DDs nearly cracked the back of an SAE battlewagon at Puerto Alegre, right?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:31pm

Yup.....

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 5:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
buying fancy new toys they can barely afford

Not sure I can agree on this bit. In fact the modern mini-BCs and large DDs proofed good designs. Against a larger enem you´ll always run into troubles...

What the Brazilians severly lacked are small units which are the workhorses of each navy. Not sure if they were never planned, never build or simply forgotten to add to the encyclopedia. It made scripting quite difficult, though....

But they were toys that while good, forced them to forget about the little things. Indeed both designs seem balanced but in retrospective they have ruined their fleet for years to come. I think they forced the Brazilians to never built the smaller ships due to the economic realities of that nation.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Aug 19th 2008, 5:40pm)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 6:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Brazils latest reports were a mess of calculation errors and other flaws.

You carefully need to examine was was actually there when Swamphen left and go from there with Fyrwulfs material at hand. Where things are not clear, use your imagination and make a choice. YOu also need to carefully check the board (news, design, reports) for all designs posted and compare them to what is in the Brazilean encyclopedia. We know Fyrwulf altered some design. That needs to be fixed. It might be wise to build up a new encyclopedia structure and once you transferred everything necessary we´ll erase all old stuff or move it to the archives. This seems necessary as you will not be able to edit posts by Swamphen or Fyrwulf.

If you need help, raise your voice.

Yes, I have noticed that.

What I am wondering, is if it might be better to just go back to where Swampy left off, and write Sim reports from there. The cruisers that Fyrwulf started are a complete mess, some are way overweight compared to what their design is supposed to be.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 6:10pm

I don't think we can go back THAT far, but the last few quarterly reports Fyrwulf posted after his breif return seemed to be purposely ruinous and IMO might be worth "omiting".

Hoo your thoughts?

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 6:18pm

I wasnt going to change any of the ships being built, just change the tonnage on all of them so they conform to what (I think) Swampy had in mind.

For instance, in Q2 1934, Fyrwulf added 1500 tons to Sageitero, with 7876 left to go. By my calculation, that would have meant 9376 tons in Q1, but in Q1, Swampy had laid down Sageitero as a 9924ton cruiser, and put 1500 tons into her construction, with 8424 tons left till completion.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Aug 19th 2008, 6:31pm)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 6:56pm

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean......

I've had to rebuild Iberia twice.

If you have Excel, I have a spreadsheet that makes life a lot easier....

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 7:02pm

Yes, I know about the spreadsheet.

However, im old fashioned and like to do it on pencil and paper.

Sagitero, Esgrimista, Piqueiro, and Mosqueteiro are all supposed to be 9924t cruisers I think, but Fyrwulf had them at 10,713

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 7:13pm

That´s one of the things I meant - Fyrwulf illegally altered designs. In this particular case you have to go with the original design Swamphen introduced. The link to his design is somewhere available in the discussion following Fyrwulfs reports.

I think it would be okay to

a) clean up the mess prior to 1936 according to what Swamphy wanted plus what is available from Fyrwulf (minus all his errors)

and

b) go from 1.1.36 with your own reports, ignoring everything posted beyond that date.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 7:38pm

That nicely gets rid of that wasteful slipbuilding project...

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 8:08pm

Going with the original design is okay with me. I think theirs nothing wrong with them.

Although I do believe that the Almirante Barroso are a different class altogether.

So should I just post fixed reports for the quarters which are messed up (I believe its from Q2 1934 onwards?)

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 8:59pm

He gets my Vote too!

Nice to have new neighbours and nice to have a reletively sane one! :D

Taking over any country leads to head scratching, Argentina had never been played and had three different OOBs that I found and some RN ships never appeared. I've got 50 DEs but no idea what type they all are.

Add in deliberate changes midstream and things get messy.

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 10:18pm

Yes, looking through Q2 and Q3 of 1934, it appears there was 1 factory that never produced tonnage or ICs. Maybe they were on vacation or something.

The error is on this page, and this