You are not logged in.

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 7:53pm

Anyone familiar with this ship model??

http://www.bismarck-class.dk/shipmodels/…fspeeterra.html
How about building a Nimitz class carrier at that scale. How about building your Wesworld fleet at that scale.
O_O

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 8:02pm

Yeah I've seen that baby, would have been nice had he done the Bismarck, meybe his next project?

I wouldn't mind seeing my Vengeance class BC in that scale, or Lyra class AC for that matter.

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 8:13pm

Bismarck? Who knows? If the constructon time is the one given in 2002, he's probably finished with the Graf Spee now. Still, I like this color scheme better than Bismarck's.

Quoted

I wouldn't mind seeing my Vengeance class BC in that scale, or Lyra class AC for that matter.

You have enough space to store them? At 1:20 scale, Vengeance would be about 12.5 meters long

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 8:14pm

I've seen it in some of the model boat magazines, but I can't really call it a model! To me model relates to something that you control by means of radio or IR from a distance, or something that is a static model on a shelf. This thing is an over-sized canoe with a lot of deck furniture....and apart from anything else, unless he lives on the lake, think of the hassle of moving it!!!

Don't get me wrong, I admire his determination, but it's not my cup of tea

I prefer this one, for ease of transport anyway!!

http://www.ptboatsrdv.com/profile.html

Friday, April 22nd 2005, 8:26pm

That's a nice one, but I would prefer a 77' model of that one... with live TTs. :-)

Saturday, April 23rd 2005, 5:33pm

Hmmm, I think I've heard of people who live in boats that are about the same length as that battleship.

I would want one....but I'd also want it to be armed to scale...

Actually I'd want to have several, and do reenactments with them. With this one you need Ajax, Achilles, and Exeter, and you got a total reenactment group.

Saturday, April 23rd 2005, 7:36pm

Reenactment of the Battle of River Plate at the lake nearest to your home.
:-)

Saturday, April 23rd 2005, 11:31pm

Who needs models of the other ships?....just go after someones personal yacht...that should attract a few police boats.......ah on second thought maybe the models idea is better..............

Sunday, April 24th 2005, 12:34am

Don't forget the coastal artillery... I mean the cops standing on the shore of the lake shooting at you.
:-)