You are not logged in.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 5:20am

Cayenne Pepper - 9 May 1925

Over the past two weeks, two bananna plantations and a gold mine near the northeastern corner of French Guiana have suffered destructive raids. Survivors estimate that they have numbered from 250 - 300 bandits, armed mainly with machetes, but with increasing numbers of small arms. They appear to be excellently informed of police and military patrols, and have excellent fieldcraft, since they have evaded military efforts to capture them, and strike even alerted facilities by suprise.

They seem to have grown from small bandit groups that operated near the Brazilian border for several years, although until recently, no target larger than isolated farmhouses have been attacked. However, they have recently demonstrated increased levels of organization, armament, and boldness.

Due to these recent bandit successes and the failure of traditional ways of combating them, authorities are being pressed for increasingly imaginative solutions.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 8:24am

Cayenne Pepper, lol imaginative name to be sure!

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 2:11pm

And I thought "Manila Envelope" was bad...

Hmm, the Brazilians getting feisty again?

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 4:24pm

No indication of that.

There has been no hint of any sort of political demand or statement from these groups, and there is nothing but trackless rain forest for many, many miles on the Brazilian side of the border (and no small number of miles of trackless rain forest of the French side of it, for that matter). Brazilian authorities in the region cooperate with French authorities as they can, but law inforcement resources in this area are meager.

And obviously not up to the job.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 4:38pm

Hmmm...
Perhaps the French need an expert hunter for the job...
... bounty hunter that is. :-)

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 4:59pm

... and if you had a group of B-52 bombers available at that time, you could always use them to level the rainforest. Even if you do not hit the enemy, there won't be much places where they can hide or move undetected.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 10:12pm

Hmm, guess we'll have to wait to find out "whazzup", then.

Walter - I think what they actually need is a Crocodile Hunter. ;)

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 10:25pm

Actually, I was thinking about Bobba Fett.

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 3:02am

I used a pic of him as my sig when I was in a "Medal of Honor" clan, complete with a gleaming smile. Say cheese!

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 8:39am

hmmm

"Boba Fett - Jedi Hunter"

(An interesting parody I saw once)