You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 9:50am

Atlantian madate infrastructure activation

Currently the Atlantian mandate has the following infrastucture:

Tekirdag/Atlantian mandate (demilitarized)
type 0 drydock #1 Civilian use
type 0 drydock #2 Civilian use

The Greek portion of Anatolia also has the following:

Smyrna/Greek occupied (demilitarized)
type 2 drydock #1 severly damaged/destroyed?
type 1 drydock #1 severly damaged/destroyed?

What would be the requirements to bring these slips back into military use?

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 2:46pm

I assume we'd have to assign a numerical value to the damage (or, in the case of the civilian yards, the owner's asking price), and then you'd have to put the points into it.

Tuesday, June 14th 2005, 7:00pm

In the case of the Greek controled yards, without a history of actions durring WW1 theres no way to tell (at least for me) how much damage they recieved.

I have no idea what the cost for a "type 0" slip would be in order to relate it to its "IP" equivilent.

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 2:00am

I'd be inclined to say that it was all sold into private ownership in which case you have to buy it back (full price) or that it was turned over to waterfront apartments and condos (gone forever - start again at a green fields site).

I thought we'd been here before. RA will only want to reactivate the old A-H yards and infrastructure. Can-o-worms - say yum yum.

Cheers,

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 2:23am

"Yub yub, Commander."

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 10:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval
I'd be inclined to say that it was all sold into private ownership in which case you have to buy it back (full price) or that it was turned over to waterfront apartments and condos (gone forever - start again at a green fields site).

Well for Atlantis it really wouldn't be a problem to buy 2 lowly type 0 drydocks, if I indeed have to start green I'll just build a type 3 slip instead...

Quoted

Originally posted by alt_naval I thought we'd been here before. RA will only want to reactivate the old A-H yards and infrastructure. Can-o-worms - say yum yum.

Cheers,

Well given the level of Greek build up can you blame him if he did?

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 1:08pm

Quoted

Well given the level of Greek build up can you blame him if he did?

Greece is building upto its legal quota over a 10 year period. I have 75% of his infrastructure but I'm only building a fleet 40% of his limit.

So when is Atlantis going to station a credible 1st rate response to a possible Italian-Turkish threat to it's Mandate. Or are you relying on support from Russia? As Greece can't rely on anyone - even old friend Atlantis - we'll have to carry our own defense burden.

Cheers,

Wednesday, June 15th 2005, 7:24pm

Hee..that would be a result of my tardyness in reguards to acctually posting a credible naval force in the region.
I think I've also seriously miss-judged the Greeks attitude towards Atlantis.

Also if you take note of other neighbours fleet postings those pesky Italians are posting ships in Atlantic ports in Iberia. To counter these assets somewhat and to bolster French assets in Southern France, Atlantian ships have been posted in Marseille and Autochthon (Southern Morocco).

Perhaps a diplomatic meeting is called for if Greece is feeling isolated?

Thursday, June 16th 2005, 10:08am

Greece notes that Atlantis has more pressing defense needs but it doesn't stop us grumping over Atlantis 'consuming' Greek security provided by Greece's Navy in the Eastern Med.

There are also Greeks in Atlantis's Mandate. We feel that Atlantis has to maintain a credible defense in this area against an Islamic hord who would butcher the Christians to solve any soverainty issues. At least Greece has a sealift capability to rescue refugees if necessary.

Greece is confident to can face off a combined Italian/Iberian threat with all others being neutral. If Italy/Iberia could recruit Turkey then the situation would be bleak but not hopeless. If FAR was drawn in, Greece would depend on Russian assistance but would probably have to rescue Atlantian forces in trapped in the Eastern Med.

Obviously Atlantis is betting on diplomacy and a thorough understanding of which way Turkey would jump if Italy/Iberia caused mischief in the Med.

The problem with arms limitation is that it has little to do with 'security'. The CT was put in place before these alliances/special relationships were established.

Cheers,

Thursday, June 16th 2005, 10:42am

Well eventually I will send forces to defend the Atlantian mandate because, as you say, the current forces would be trapped. I'm also building up my fleet so once the Ares and Menelaus class cruisers are completed additional cruisers will most likely be sent to other areas.

Medusa and Minotaur will likely be the first to be sent once they complete their post rebuild shake downs and once France has its new Battleships up and running Posiedon will be free of her duty's as well.

I have a whole array of odd's and sods that could bolster the Byzantium mandate once commitments are fullfilled.

Shall we post a diplomatic meeting in Q1/1928?