You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 10:48am

I didn't have a particular problem with the engine details, only that its rather powerful for most common applications. If started development now in 1936 then its not too bad going up against the R-2600 and others in the airliner market. If available now then most competitors are <1000hp.

howard

Unregistered

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:39am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I didn't have a particular problem with the engine details, only that its rather powerful for most common applications. If started development now in 1936 then its not too bad going up against the R-2600 and others in the airliner market. If available now then most competitors are <1000hp.

I can start it as based off the clunker boxer 500 HP engine and give it a line of development that lasts three years to turn her into one of my sim nations tech tree products and hopefully get it accepted.

So, announcing the startup of El Zorro Aviation Engines LTD. in Lima, Peru as a state subsidized aero-engine development company-starting from scratch, zero, nada, zippo. Inquiring of anyone that would like to form a joint engine development venture?

H.

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:45am

The Mexican Government immidiently places a lawsuite on the Peruvian Government over the use of copyrighted material in the naming the new engine company... :D

howard

Unregistered

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
The Mexican Government immidiently places a lawsuite on the Peruvian Government over the use of copyrighted material in the naming the new engine company... :D

El Zorro Aviation Engine Company

Peru shrugs off the Zapata lawsuit. It has no shoes to stand in. [Its a real Peruvian company. El Zorro Motors.]

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Aug 25th 2008, 2:54am)

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:25am

Real world maybe, but IIRC wesworld Mexico uses the name?

howard

Unregistered

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:38am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Real world maybe, but IIRC wesworld Mexico uses the name?

Then El Conquistador Aviation Engines, LTD. That opens the motors up to the pun; "El Konks".

H.

Monday, August 25th 2008, 3:44am

Oh WW Mexico does not use the name, but hey, if it can be used against the Iberian lackeys its fair game! :D

El Conquistador on the other hand...is just provocative. I like it!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 4:58am

The Peruvians being ally's of the Iberians, likely are not aiming to find a provocative name for its Aero industry.

If El Zorro isn't being used why the lawsuit with no leg to stand on then?

howard

Unregistered

Monday, August 25th 2008, 5:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
The Peruvians being ally's of the Iberians, likely are not aiming to find a provocative name for its Aero industry.

If El Zorro isn't being used why the lawsuit with no leg to stand on then?

DF and I are trading English and Spanish puns at this point in harmless jests. I actually like "El Konk" as a pun and nickname for the new Peruvian engines. It can go in to the WW lexicon with "dochinke" which describes some Nakajima engines.

H.