You are not logged in.

Monday, December 20th 2010, 11:54pm

Beijing Newspaper Q2/1940 - Chinese news and events - April / May / June

Office for foreign affairs, Beijing, 09:12hrs, April 9th 1940

Deng Hau Min, chinese minister for foreign affairs, looked straight at the place of the dawn,
which is directly visible from his office, as his secretary, points out that the chinese am-
bassador in manila is on the phone and would like to speak to him on an important issue.

"Hello Dong Sen Kim, is there anything so urgent that you call me so early in the morning ?"

"I just came back from a meeting with the Filipino government, they informed me, that they will
expand their territorial waters from 3 to 12 miles. She also told me that Chinese fishermen, they
should now be found in the Filipino waters after the official proclamation on 1st of July, are placed
under arrest."

"By this they mean certainly in the condominium. Thank you for this information." after this words
Deng Hau Min called to his secretary "Please call the commander of our Condominium Force, and make
the call immediately !!!"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (Dec 21st 2010, 12:50am)

Monday, January 17th 2011, 11:33am

government news:
After a nearly 5-year planning phase about the route of the Lhasa-railway, it was presented to the public. The construction
project is nearly unrealistic and unworkable, but the emperor of China has made it clear, that this railway will be built,
no matter what the costs are.
In the first step, the route will start in Xining and end in Lhasa, in the second phase of the construction, the existing line
will be extended to Yadong near the Indian border.

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 3:15pm

EURASIA news:
The chinese airline EURASIA put it's catapult-ship "MS Dongguan " into service. The vessel should facilitate the air traffic
to and from Pacifica. For this purpose the ship will drop anchor at the coast of the island of Guam.

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 11:39am

navy news:
The chinese minister for foreign affairs, and the mexican ambassador met for further talks in Beijing.
According to rumors, the purchase of mexican ships by the chinese navy was one of the main points of
the meeting.

Friday, January 28th 2011, 12:27am

As the dumps trade trash....

Friday, January 28th 2011, 1:05pm

maritime news:
The Chinese Coast Guard created in cooperation with the CNDO a new life-saving tool, the so called "Sea Rescue Buoy ". The first buoys will be anchored on 1st of July on the chinese coast.

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:12pm

Okay? What's it do?

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:21pm

Uhm... Probably rescueing people? :)

Quick search with google got me to this, which I believe is what parador may have in mind.

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt07/rescue-buoy.html

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quick search with google got me to this, which I believe is what parador may have in mind.

I didn't see this posted. But the image in your link helps a lot in demonstrating what it is.

Interesting little device.

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:47pm

Quoted

Absolutely right. That's what it is.

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

I didn't see this posted. But the image in your link helps a lot in demonstrating what it is.

Interesting little device.

Also usefull ;). Good to know, that's now clear.

Friday, January 28th 2011, 3:49pm

What is China's plan for the placement of these buoys?

Friday, January 28th 2011, 7:09pm

Office for foreign affairs, Beijing, 22:51hrs, June 22th 1940

"Thank you Mr. Ambassador, it is always a pleasure to do business with your country. I wish you a pleasant night." after these words, the chinese
minister for foreign affairs, put his telephone down. 'The Emperor will be pleased with me', he thought to himself.

In good mood, he read the report of the commander of the condominium force, which was lying on his desk. 'Fortunately occurs after 1st July,
the 12-mile zone around the Philippines in force.' he remarked with a smile as he read the lines. 'For the moment still many chinese fisherman
sail to this area, to get the best fishes. Maybe I should talk with my colleague in manila, before an incident will happen.'

Wednesday, February 2nd 2011, 10:55am

+++ Breaking News +++ Breaking News +++ Breaking News +++

League of nations, Geneve, 08:00hrs, June 30th 1940

Dong Sen Fen, the chinese delegate at the LoN, walked to the lectern, unfolded a piece of paper and spoke in a calm and steady voice ...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me please, to pronounce the statement of His Majesty, Emperor Pu Yi :

Quoted

Dear Ladies and gentlemen, all ambassadors of the LoN,

territorial waters, as defined, are a belt of coastal waters from the baseline (usually the mean low-water mark) of the coast.
The territorial water is regarded as the sovereign territory of the state, although foreign ships (civilian) are allowed innocent
passage through it; this sovereignty also extends to the airspace over and seabed below.

With 1st August, China declares a 12-Mile-Zone of territorial waters around the coast of China. With this step, China follows
the general approach to extend the territorial waters. Due to its geographical location, Hong Kong and Macao would now re-
present enclaves inside chinese territory. To further ensure the freedom of navigation to and from Hong Kong and Macao,
China come to the subsequent agreement with Great Britain (Great Britain represents here the interests of Iberia).

Agreement about the situation of Hongkong & Macao in the chinese territorial waters:

To ensure the free shipping to and from Hong Kong & Macao, China undertakes to establish a minimum 3-5 miles wide international corridor.

This corridor is called "The International Lema Channel". This corridor is determined according to the illustrated map. The corridor
is marked with the followed buoys: bright green on the western side, and bright red on the eastern side of the corridor.

[size=1]The map of the agreement[/size]

In this corridor, any hostile or military operation is prohibited. This corridor is to be used by all ships, whether civilian or military,
who wants to travel to and from Hongkong also who wants to travel to and from Macao. It is prohibited for the chinese navy, to stop a vessel,
which is using the corridor.

Submarines and all other underwater vehicles, which are using this corricor, have to travel surfaced and have to show their flag.

Ships of any nation that are encountered outside the corridor, could be stopped and investigated at any time by chinese authorities or
armed forces.

This Agreement comes into force with the chinese declaration of the 12-Mile-Zone of territorial waters on 1.August 1940 and is valid until
the end of the lease of the New Territories.

The Agreement is signed by

the Governor of Hong Kong as represent of Great Britain

and

His Imperial Majesty the Emperor of the Great Quing Dynasty, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years Aisin Gioro Pu Yi

after his speech he walked slowly and with proud to his place in the assembly.