You are not logged in.

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 2:02am

Adolph Rohrbach's office, D.A.F. Copenhagen.

Knock! knock!
Adolph looks up from the documents he has been reading, and sees Kurt Simon through the glass of the door.
He beckons Kurt in with a wave of his hand, getting up from his seat as Kurt enters the office.
"Kurt, thank you for coming so promptly" he says, as he walks towards the company's most dynamic designer.
"Would you like something to drink?" he asked as he shook Kurt's hand.
"emm, a coffee please, if possible Sir?" replied Kurt, a little uneasy at the sudden meeting called by the company's managing director.
"Helga, 2 coffees please" he called to his secretary,and closed the door of the office.
"Please, have a seat Kurt" he gestured towards the seat opposite his desk.
Kurt took the offer of the seat, but waited until "The Boss" had sat down before taking his seat.

"Kurt, I need to talk to you about...."
"Sir, I can honestly say that I have shelved "Peregrine", and I have......"
"Kurt, please! Let me finish!" interupted Adolph.
"I'm sorry Sir, but is that not why I am here?" asked a worried Kurt.
"No Kurt, you are not in trouble over your "Peregrine" project. In fact I hope you will take it to fruition" replied Adolph.
A visibly relieved Kurt sat back in the seat, exhaling long and slowly, trying to calm his nerves.

"I have asked to see you because I need your particular design skills"
Regaining his composure, Karl replied "I don't quite understand you Sir"
"I would hope you wouldn't!" answered Adolph with a smile.
"We have just completed a buy-out of the Magni-Jona company in Italy, and we want you to head up their design team."
"You what!" blurted Karl, before regaining his composure.
"I'm sorry Sir, but could you repeat what you just said please?"
"We want you to take over control of the design team in the new DAF Italia" repeated Adolph.

"I..I....I don't know what to say Sir. Are you sure I'm the right person? Surely Wolfgang would be a better person than I? questioned Kurt.
"We have discussed this offer long and hard Kurt, and it is the unanimous decision of the board to offer you the position.
We believe that your designs offer great potential, and Magni-Jona are a forward looking design company, and the combination of your ideas and thiers,
will lead to good things. Oh, by the way, your biggest supporter in the discussions was Wolfgag,
he truly believes in your designs" replied Adolph.

After a moment of contemplation, Kurt looked at his boss and replied, "I am honoured by your offer Sir, but would ask your permission to discuss this with my wife?"
"Kurt, I would have been surprised if you had said anything else.
Please pass my regards to your good lady Inga." replied Adolph, "But I would appreciate your answer within the week"

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Commodore Green" (Dec 10th 2008, 10:49am)

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 2:09am

Okay, I give up: my Google-fu is weak. Who's Magni-Jona? All I could find on them was that they made "a tilting-wing sesquiplane."

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 8:49am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Okay, I give up: my Google-fu is weak. Who's Magni-Jona? All I could find on them was that they made "a tilting-wing sesquiplane."

Well, both Magni and Jona existed in OTL but not joined together. They were both fairly small companies. Their current wesworld product is featured here.

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 8:39pm

Natural enough move, Denmark gains some Italian aeronautical experience and the chance of some excellent advanced planes for the future and Italy gets political good will and can concentrate on other projects. It seems win-win but the British giants (Hawker Siddeley and Vickers Supermarine) are not worried. They seem to be doing well export wise and everything seems dandy. Who needs those funny looking planes anyway...? ;)