You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 3:57am

Noticias desde Mexico 1937

Early January

Over the Sonoran Desert

Two years of hard work were nearing their end. Three dark shadows cross the cool desert air some 30 miles to the north of the sleepy capital of Sonora. One of those shadows carried Project Sigma's last flight.

Two men inspected the strange shape now sitting in the bomb bay of the leading aircraft, a TNCA B-23 Dragon.

"Everything is go for launch, how long until we reach the release point?"

"Five minutes."

The two men now moved to the foward towards the cockpit as the bomber banked into its final turn, pointing its nose towards Guaymas and the Gulf of California.

With one minute to go, the radios of the two accompaning aircraft came to life as the copilot of the bomber began his countdown. At the count of zero, the big plane shuddered as the shape dropped into the night.

"We have separation, everything looks good, we have...ignition."

Aboard the chase plane, the observer continued with his observations as a blue flame shot out the back of the object, and the drone of the three planes was masked by a new sound, like that of a giant mosquito.

Its job done, the bomber turned back, leaving the two other planes to continue on...

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 6:17am

Late January

El Universal

The new year brings new budgets and with those new budgets new toys. Today the Fuerza Aerea Mexicana unveiled its purchases for this year and they are quite impressive:

150 TNCA C-10 Aguila II, Fighters
100 TNCA O-3 Saltamonte, Scouts
45 TNCA C-9 Tornado, Fighter-bombers
45 GW Type 105, Fighters
45 Azcarte T-5, Transports
30 TNCA C-18R Halcon III, Recoinassance

Also an unspecified number of gliders have been ordered, and FAM officers have been seen talking to Boeing, Arado, Mitsubishi, and Focke Wulf representatives.

And that is only the Fuerza Aerea's share, the Navy has ordered, 30 Dornier Do-24M flying boats and is expected to buy a number of Grumman F4F Wildcats, Douglas TBD-1 Devastors, and Vought SBU Vindicators. Also Navy officers have reportedly been talking to Kawanishi people, probably searching for a new long range flyingboat.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 6:38am

Early February

Secretaria de Defensa

The atmosphere was subdued in the main conference room. All those in the room had read the brief memos handed out before the meeting began, and they made for a very somber reading.

As the Secretary of Defense, Manuel Camacho, took his place at the end of the table, an ominous silence filled the room.

"SeHores, el Servicio Secreto ha terminado su investigacion. Gentlemen, the results are sobering. As you can see, we were able to trace the assasination attempt, all the way to Italy. The plot was crafted and directed from Italy. We still do not know if other AEGIS countries are involved, but the evidence against Italy is solid and indespuitable. We have also uncovered some circumstantial evidence pointing towards Peru, but that is still not comfirmed.

The question is, how do we respond?"

"Secretary, let's hit them, hit them hard. A military strike against a military target."

"And bring in AEGIS? We don't have that kind of evidence."

"Take it back to them, assasinate a high official or make an 'accident' happen on one of their ships."

"A possibility, but should we risk it?"

"Why not, they won't dare retaliate."

"Wait! There is another option..."

Late February

"Capitan Valenzuela, welcome to Yugoslavia..."

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 7:19am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
....but the evidence against Italy is solid and indisputable.

"We don't have that kind of evidence."

Um, wot? ?( *Scratches head*

That might merit... fixing?

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 8:38am

Offhand, I'd say the fellow means they don't have evidence regarding other AEGIS powers, only Italy.

And/or compelling enough evidence to induce NATO or other powers to come to their aid if they pick such a fight.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 10:21am

I think it's lies, all lies. How could Italy be involved? We're half way around the world.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 3:51pm

Quoted

Um, wot? *Scratches head*

That might merit... fixing?

Think Cuban Missile Crisis but without the pictures. I know the missiles are there, I just don't have any shiny pictures to show. I know I didn't fabricate the evidence, but how can I prove that? Hence the apperantly contradictory statements.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 4:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I think it's lies, all lies. How could Italy be involved? We're half way around the world.

OOC: is this something you guys scripted?

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 4:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

I -beep- hope so!!

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 6:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Yes, but believe what you want. Italy is being framed by the evil Mexicanos.

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 6:32pm

I think so. I was,bows head the original mind behind the idea of the Yugoslavian War and mexico was going to play a part on all this as a way to repay italy for selling weapons to the Cristeros earlier in WW.

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 6:06pm

March

In a statement today, the government announced that it has completed its investigation into the plot to assasinate Presidente Cardenas and bring down the government. Two of the five assasins have been captured and will be brought to justice. The identities of the two men where not revealed nor the identity of their employers.

In other news, negotiations with several oil companies continue but no end to the deadlock is in sight...