You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 4:17pm

I wasn´t satisfied...

I wasn´t satisfied with my CL Yaoundé Class linedrawing yet. Hence I worked on it again. Here she´s in her modified version now.

[img]http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/schiffbilder/CL YaoundeTown 19.jpg[/img]

Enjoy,

HoOmAn

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 6:46pm

The midships 150mm guns don't have very large arcs of fire. I'd raise then one level and have the hull break just aft of them.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 7:38pm

Wouldn't raising those guns by one level hinder the operation of the cranes when moving those motor boats over the side?

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 9:25pm

They might hinder the cranes a bit, but at the moment those guns can't fire on many bearings at all. Maybe better off with a old-age broadside gun to repel boarders.

Sunday, April 17th 2005, 10:11pm

How about moving the hull break forward a bit and flaring the deck inward and aft. That would create more room to improve the firing arcs, seakeeping may go down abit but she is a light fast combatant anyway.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 18th 2005, 12:11am

Well, my focus was on her superstructure. I moved it forward (as well as her funnels) and downsized it.

However, you´ve a point regarding her midship guns even though I don´t think fire acrs are really a problem. Wes´ proposal to have her deck flaring a bit is an interesting option. I could also move her small boats further aft....

HoOmAn

Monday, April 18th 2005, 4:58pm

Is this more to your liking? The gun now has a fire arc of approx. 110°, probably more.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 5:01pm

Seems a lot better. I still prefer the Birmingham arrangement myself.

Monday, April 18th 2005, 6:56pm

I like it, now you have more room without too much fuss. I didn't realize just how good of a broadside Yaoundé had with 7 guns.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 9:15am

Yeah, 7 6" guns in a broadside is not too bad for a cruiser class laid down 1919/20.

Later, once I have the capacity left, I plan to increase the weight of metal that can be thrown at an enemy by installing 15cm twin shields at positions A, B, C and D to bring her to LIBREVILLE-class standards.

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 9:46am

An 11 gun broadside? Yikes!

HoOmAn

Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 10:56am

Well, probably not a 11 gun broadside. She still has some hull strength left but I doubt 11 guns is reasonable. Instead the number of her remaining single mounts will decrease, perhaps even to zero. They could be replaced by some torpedo mounts....