You are not logged in.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 7:36am

Alliance value. Russia, Nordmark, Germany will all want to fight over the Baltic. Being the little guy, you'd want to have enough input to possibly (unlikely) sway a balance of power.

Cheers,

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 11:21am

Poland is not relying solely on either a military buildup or on diplomacy. She's building what military strength she can along with working the diplomatic angles.

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
I think the question is more along the lines of "Why is Poland building a fleet to defend its interests rather than relying on diplomacy?"

Good question.Whell "Why is Poland bilding a fleet."
Short OCC anser is cose I dont want to write sim reports every Q. that say "4000t produced 100 tones used on a seasurvey ship"
IC anser is:
In 1929 poland felt safe from land treats.All oure land borders are safe only the coust line is in any danger the navy job is to revent any army from landing troop on the polish coast the event of forein naval invasion is unlicky however
Only theat we see are oportunistic nation(read banana republics) wich may fell that oure large unprotected merchant fleet is raipe(?speling?) for the picking.

Quoted

Originally posted by Hrolf Hakonson
Poland is not relying solely on either a military buildup or on diplomacy. She's building what military strength she can along with working the diplomatic angles.

Yes I do thanks for noticing;-)

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 6:28pm

Quoted

Only theat we see are opportunistic nation (read banana republics) wich may fell that our large unprotected merchant fleet is ripe for the picking.

Which suggests the need for a couple of CLs that are designed for open-ocean, not specialized for the Baltic, service. Certainly a variant of Akbar will work for this role, but it's a bit in the future and pretty expensive as well.