You are not logged in.

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 4:40am

The Atlantean melampus class BB's have a speed of 26 knots, the Vengeance class BC's 31 knots and the Memnons 28 knots. All other Atlantean BB's hover around the 22 knot range.

I can't see the Renown's trying to match the Memnon or Vengeance class in armor while 30 knots would be sufficient to outrun the Melampus class by a reasonable margin.

Britain is an unlikely nation for Canada to match, ditto for the U.S. Nordish and Japanese ships also don't exceed 27 knots exept fot the Nordish Oden class.

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 11:39am

With a speed advantage of 1-2knts all you can do is run away. You can't control the range with that. Just run directly away getting out of range - whilst having limited firing arcs for yourself and better arcs for your enemy.

Only with a speed advantage of 4+knts will it make a difference.

Quality of oil, seastate and ship's bottom will make a difference of a couple of knots. The last Lion designs were good for 30knts standard - 25-26knts deep load 6 months out of dock.

Sunday, September 3rd 2006, 11:28pm

Canada hasn't gone off and made any enemies of her own (that I'm aware of), so I'm just inheriting GB's enemies.

My general thoughts are to have the battlecruisers be able to keep up with the cruiser fleet I'm building, unless it's practical to armour them up real good.