You are not logged in.

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 3:56am

BB32

The Manila Evening Times
31 March 1928

Our investigative reporters have acquired a copy of confidential documents from the Marina de Filipinas Design Office regarding the MdF's plans for battleship construction when the Cleito Treaty's "building holiday" expires.

While the information is lacking in technical details, a drawing of "BB32-350-27" was attached, and is reproduced below.

MdF officials declined to comment regarding the design, or the security leak that allowed the "confidential" report to slip, but one government official commented anonymously that "whoever let this slip will be getting a PhD in the feeding habits of reindeer".

[SIZE=1]many thanks to BigRich for the pic (and for making the seemingly interminal modifications I requested to same. ;-) )[/SIZE]

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 6:19pm

Tokugawa Tsugako: "... so how much did they pay you for this job Yayo-chan?"
Akaibara Yayoko: "Twenty-five thousand Ryo! (*)" :-)
TT: "So what are you going to spend it on?"
AY: "I was trying to buy the northern half of Karafuto or as the Russians call it 'Sackherring' or something like that. I haven't goten the reply from them yet."
TT: "Buy it? For what reason?"
AY: "So I have something that I can call 'Yayo-land.' ^_^ It's going to be a huge amusement park for people all over the world to see!!"
TT: "... Hell! There goes the peaceful neighborhood! It's bad enough to have the Filipinos in this region blowing things up!"
AY: *glares* "You were saying Tsuko-chan?"
TT: "Can't wait for the official opening!" ^_^;;
------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*) 1 Ryo is roughly 4 US Dollars.

Looks like a neat design. Love to know her stats. ;-)
Won't the boats and the mast interfere with the cats?

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 7:58pm

Quoted

Looks like a neat design. Love to know her stats. ;-)

I'm sure His Imperial Japanese Majesty's Secret Service can produce the stats with ease. ;-)

Quoted

Won't the boats and the mast interfere with the cats?

Hmm, might want to raise the cats a tick to clear the secondaries, but to my Mk.1 Eyeball it appears they will just clear the mast when aimed outwards.

The boats would only be a problem if the cat was aimed inwards...in which case the funnels would be a bigger problem. ^_^

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 8:20pm

Nelson?

Looks a little like Nelson redone a bit. Maybe I'm imagining things.

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 8:27pm

Quoted

Maybe I'm imagining things.

Not this time. ;-) This ship actually started out as one of BigRich's "Nelson Battlecruisers"...

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 9:46pm

I don't know... naturally it depends how far they're turned outwards by the Filipinos.

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 10:13pm

I think if you raise the catapults a few feet you wouldn't need to turn them to the beam as far to clear the turrets, etc... Or, clear off the fantail and put one there.

Tuesday, August 9th 2005, 10:15pm

Yeah. Lots of space over there. And nothing that can interfere with the plane's launch.
*tosses aft AA emplacement from the ship*

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 3:05am

Turret overboard!

I really don't care for fantail catapults all that much - they may be better from a purely objective standpoint, but IMHO they cause great grief aesthetically.

The ship as (if? ;-) ) built will have the cats raised a coupla feet.

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 3:34am

six feet on cats!!!

Meow?

Hmm, I wonder if I will have to counter this warship even though it is thousands of miles from Chile. Either with bigger guns, more guns, or more ships with big guns....or cats with eight feet...or dogs that like legs....something.

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 4:00am

James Bond Delivers

The Australian Intelligence Agency has found the following info:
1 1932 type, 9 x 13.8", 27.5 kts

Quoted

I really don't care for fantail catapults all that much - they may be better from a purely objective standpoint, but IMHO they cause great grief aesthetically.
I actually like how they look.

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 3:10pm

Right on the guns, wrong on the speed.

Care to take a stab on the secondaries?

Wednesday, August 10th 2005, 5:57pm

I know! I know!
It's a tripple *beeeeeeeeeep* gun!
(Answer removed by the Filipino Censor Agency)

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 6:52am

I would say the secondaries are 155mm but knowing the phillipinos they're probably 6.5" or 5.5"

Speed: By the looks of that ship I guess somewhere around 26kts.

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 3:58pm

Based on past designs: 35cm for main battery, 13cm for secondary, and 10cm for heavy AA

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 4:08pm

Quoted

Originally posted by JohnEStauffer
Based on past designs: 35cm for main battery, 13cm for secondary, and 10cm for heavy AA

Going for a separated anti-surface and anti-air secondary battery means that the anti-surface should be quite bigger than 13cm guns.

Otherwise that's a serious defect. 13cm guns are small enough to have DP capability...if the ship mounts them there should be no reason to carry the smaller 10cm ones.

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 4:41pm

Straddle!

Quoted

Yes, no, yes. :-)

Quoted

I would say the secondaries are 155mm but knowing the phillipinos they're probably 6.5" or 5.5"

Our quartermasters are stressed enough already, thank you.

Armament is:
3x3 350mm
5x3 155mm
8x2 100mm
6x3 25mm

The 155mm guns may have limited DP capability (50° elevation).

As for the rest of the stats, y'all will just have to wait. ;-)

Quoted

It's a tripple *beeeeeeeeeep* gun!

If it was a triple *beep-beep* gun, it would undoubtably be a product of the ACME Corporation... ^_^

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 8:02pm

Her armament is very similar to a design I have in the works, it will be interesting to see if her armor can match the design too.

Thursday, August 11th 2005, 8:16pm

Quoted

If it was a triple *beep-beep* gun, it would undoubtably be a product of the ACME Corporation... ^_^

... while it hasn't been reported anywhere, I have a feeling that a few Filipino business groups may have bought all the stocks of the ACME Corporation. This would make the Phillipines a unique country as it will be the only country with a navy that has been armed with tripple *beeeeeeeeeep* guns and triple *beep-beep* guns.
:-)

Quoted

The 155mm guns may have limited DP capability (50° elevation).

More likely to be referred to as HA-choo guns. :-)