You are not logged in.

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 2:51pm

Quoted

Mac has raised this point previously. I can't really see Iberia agreeing to have NATO stomp all over her.

Gavin: I've read nothing here so that demonstrates Shinra, Wes, Canis, or Foxy are telling Mac what Iberia is doing or telling you what Italy is doing. At best, their in-character nations are making allegations - and the Canadian piracy reports are far from specifically pointing the finger at Iberia. These "Iberian-speaking pirates with a warship" may be Mexican rebels, the Mexican navy, some other organization using the Iberian language to conceal their true nationality, or a compelte fabrication of the Canadian government.

Since you and Mac and the rest of us know that these guys can not tell you what Iberia or Italy is doing, you also know that Iberia will not be the culprit when all is revealed. Your nations should also know this, and should be acting on the premise that the NATO countries are either mistaken or scheming.

On the whole conflict thing, I'm satisfied that Mexico has demonstrated in-character antagonism towards Iberia and Iberian allies in the past. Adding the long-standing Atlantean/Italian bickering into the mix only guarantees additional fireworks. If this alliance to alliance chest-thumping is not to everybody's taste, it would be logical for the less emotionally involved parties in each alliance to try and cool things off a bit.

So, Wes/Gavin/Foxy/etc: chill out.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 4:40pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
These "Iberian-speaking pirates with a warship" may be Mexican rebels, the Mexican navy, some other organization using the Iberian language to conceal their true nationality,

If this alliance to alliance chest-thumping is not to everybody's taste, it would be logical for the less emotionally involved parties in each alliance to try and cool things off a bit.

OOC : The Netherlands has already advanced a possible source for the warship described to her Allies, and our evaluation of the value of the proposed exercises.

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Here is Japan's expected outcome after unleasing Prof. Tomoe's "teleraygunporter"

...I'll have a witty yet amusing graphical reply to that in a few weeks when I get home. (:

- ShinRa on the Road

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:23pm

Oy mate, we're just from south of the border.

Is that new gap large enough to sail Australia into the Caribbean?

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:33pm

Walter why wast energy using the "teleraygunporter" when Mexico is doing a fine job of it itself? :D

(rumble in background)

Looks like the 20" guns arent working too well! :D

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:41pm

Quoted

IIRC NARC is more or less a non-agression/trade treaty, none of the signatory's were obligated to enter a conflict to defend another.

You know, because the NARC treaty text is based on the text of the SATSUMA treaty, I find that really hard to believe. :)

Quoted

Here is Japan's expected outcome after unleasing Prof. Tomoe's "teleraygunporter"

You know, I started to wonder where I got the "Tele Raypointer" from... After a lot of searching, I realized that it is a combination of two...
The Telemobiloskop (Telemobiloscope) of Christian Hülsmeyer and the Strahlenzieler (Raypointer) of Richard Scherl.
Unlike the proposed insane ideas of Tesla and Ulivi, Tomoe is much more realistic and openly admits that his Tele Raypointer won't even make a dent in butter, unless one picks up the device and start hammering on the butter with the device (though it is too big and too heavy to handle like that).

Quoted

Japan would likely bear the brunt as the Tsunami would have the entire Pacific to gather up strength.

If the "teleraygunporter" could make Mexico vanish like that, then it should be easy to do the same with the part of the Tsunami heading for SATSUMA territory.

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:44pm

Quoted

Is that new gap large enough to sail Australia into the Caribbean?

Wasn't there that bit about Australia ending up in the Atlantic some time ago? :)

Quoted

Looks like the 20" guns arent working too well!

Looks to me that you want to take the flashy Filipino route to bigger guns. :D

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 5:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Walter why wast energy using the "teleraygunporter" when Mexico is doing a fine job of it itself? :D

(rumble in background)

Looks like the 20" guns arent working too well! :D

Ya know, considering things like the Paris gun, Mexico's work on large artillery could be seen as provacation if the distance from Cancun to Cuba is 60miles...

Luckily though, it's more like 127 miles.

edit : rereading this, I realised I mispelled provocation, but considering Cancun is involved, provacation seems right...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Mar 23rd 2007, 7:19pm)

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 6:29pm

...Speaking of Bigger Guns...

(:

Kaiser Kirk

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 7:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

(:

Bad Canadians! No dinner for you!

I was tempted to mount big guns like that on P.Karimun, but decided it would make Singapore nervous, so I've stuck to things that can't reach Singapore and invited the Aussies for a look. Much more productive IMHO.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 7:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

(:

Isn´t that one from Final Fantasy VII?!

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 7:50pm

Well only a few Japanese scientists kno... did I say Japanese? Oh S***! 8o

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 9:12pm

I like that that gun has what looks like a large viewing section. Like they can see the shells hitting something way over the horizon.... :P

Friday, March 23rd 2007, 11:48pm

Viewing section? Would that mean that you can also clearly see the incoming shells about to penetrate the installation? :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rooijen10" (Mar 23rd 2007, 11:49pm)

Sunday, March 25th 2007, 6:39am

I just bought the mechanical arts model of it at ICON yesterday, too. ^_^