You are not logged in.

Monday, July 18th 2005, 11:46pm

Paris Post - 7 October 1927 - Narrow Victory for Poincare!

French Conservatives today celebrate the announcement of a narrow but clear victory in the elections of 3 October 1927. Of the 625 seats in the Chamber of Deputies, the Right coalition (of Monarchists, Bonapartists, Industrialists, followers of the Croix de Feu, and a number splinter parties) controls 343. Of the 272 seats in the Senate, the Right coalition controls 144. This will permit the coalition to govern as long as it holds together. There is a question how long this will be, since the uniting force of having an opponent in Herriot's government will dissapate, while the friction caused by the responsibility for exercising power is sure to cause rifts. Poincare's strategy for managing this problem is as yet unclear.

Tuesday, July 19th 2005, 2:27am

Response by Presidente Piña: "I offer my congradulations to M. Poincaire, and hope that we can begin to overcome the mutual distrust that has unfortunatly arisen in the wake of the Palawan tragedy."

Response by Señor de Varga: "This is a glorious day in the world's history, as another government of the LEFT has fallen. After my election next fall, I invite a represenitive of M. Poincaire's choice to come to Manila, to begin talks torwards a strong relationship between our Governments."

Response by Filipino right-wingers unemcumbered by running for office: 'It's good to see those responsible for the dastardly attack on Palawan given the boot!'

Response by Filipino left-wingers: 'no comment.'

Tuesday, July 19th 2005, 2:36am

Quoted

French Conservatives today celebrate the announcement of a narrow but clear victory in the elections of 3 October 1927.

So how much did I win? :-)

Quoted

Response by Filipino left-wingers: 'no comment.'

XD
Message from Japan: "Best of luck to you, Poincare-san."

Tuesday, July 19th 2005, 3:46am

Twice Nothing....

Quoted

So how much did I win? :-)

More then twice what I got.

Tuesday, July 19th 2005, 7:04am

Prime Minister, Crassius Dominia expressed his congradulations to Mr. Poincaire. "Our relations with France have always been excellent and I'm certain under Mr. Poincaire they will continue to prosper."

Mr. Dominia is expected to pay the new French President a visit Oct. 12th to discuss a wide range of issues in addition to personally congradulating the French leader after his narrow but hard fought victory.