You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 7:56pm

Neither happened

Which means that the Russian population is higher than historical, and the Russian economy recovered its prewar income level by 1923 or so, instead of 1928.

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 8:17pm

So how did Russia lose western Ukraine,Armenia and Azerbaijan? Or was Brest-Litowsk so much more lenient?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 23rd 2008, 8:18pm)

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 8:21pm

here's how

The border of western Ukraine/Belarus runs along the March 1917 front line, with a few concessions made to the Central Powers to get a quick peace. It was much less severe than Brest-Litovsk, because the Central Powers wanted peace too.

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 10:09pm

Romanian History

Basically the same up to March 1917. However, the earlier Russian collapse (something we've never forgiven them for btw), precludes an earlier Treaty of Bucharest. Romania does jump back in the war as per historical, and does gain all that it did historically, except Bessarabia, which because the Russians do not go into their OTL civil war, Romania does not have the chance to take it.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 12:44am

I took over Greece from Harry the Red. He had no 1897 war over Crete and Greece and Turkey sitting out WW1 so I worked off the info I had at the time. In the mean time others had worked out a different turn of events so I had to blend as best I could. I've had Greece holding onto gains from a war that wasn't scripted - the Turks must have rolled over or Greece won at the Isonzo and were happy to call it quits.

Given the current level of economy the only thing that makes sense is that WW1 didn't occur but thats not the case.

Its too broken to try to fix and I try not to think too hard about it. ; )

Cheers,

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 12:51am

Hmm, and how did the Greeks defeat Turkey in Italy?

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 12:54am

I'd always assumed that an expanded Dardanelles campaign is what brought down the Turks, initially starting out , as historically and ending up with Atlantean, forces re-enforcing the British at Galipoli and the French diversonary attack at Kum kale. Meanwhile the GreeksItalians landed at Smyrna/Antalya.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 12:57am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
Hmm, and how did the Greeks defeat Turkey in Italy?

To my knowledge the Turks were not at Isonzo historically, but that might explain while they were not as tough a nut to crack at Galipoli. Participation in a demorlizing loss at Isonzo with many POW's and a larger invasion force at Galipoli may have broke their will to fight.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 1:02am

I suspect that he really means the Salonika front, a breakthrough there and Constantinople is threatened

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Feb 24th 2008, 1:06am)

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 1:31am

I suspect so too.

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 3:18am

Doh, I meant Inonu not Isonzo - sorry

Cheers,

Sunday, February 24th 2008, 3:46am

Given the fact there wasn't a Greco-Turkish war Inonu wouldn't have occured either.

The real prolem is when wesworld was created there were different power blocks and different alliances/relations. In its orriginal inception wesword featured the RRE (Roman/Riech Empire) which initially FAR was created to counter. Greece as a result had good relations with Atlantis as both saw the RRE as a threat and fought along side one another in Turkey.

Unfortunately the fearless leader of the RRE lost interest when the infrastructure rules/building rules seriously hampered his meglomania, then Harry the red also disappeared from the map as well so things changed as the RRE was dismantled and Greece recieved a new player, Roger!

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 10:22am

The Ottoman empire has been dissolved has the same thing happened to the Ottoman Caliphate?

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 11:16am

Quoted

Unfortunately the fearless leader of the RRE lost interest when the infrastructure rules/building rules seriously hampered his meglomania

I understood that his village needed it's idiot back.

Quoted

The Ottoman empire has been dissolved has the same thing happened to the Ottoman Caliphate?

On ballance I'd say yes but I'll leave that to Wes. I wasn't aware about the Armenians but aparently in OTL some Turkish offical stated in 1902 that 'there is no Armenian question, but we will answer it'. Multi ethnic Empires moving to Nation States are always bad news.

Cheers,

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 5:49pm

The Caliphate is gone yes, disolved after The last sultan, Mehmed VI Vahdettin left for exile in Malta.
I'd leave it up to Red Admiral as to the likelyhood of him, as historical, moving to the Italian Riviera.