You are not logged in.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 5:21pm

Actually copied it from a requirement for coastal oilers for the British navy in WW2 but I have to admit I copied hull form characterics from your ship. That information is never provided on the net and I have to admit I suck trying to come up with it.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 5:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Actually copied it from a requirement for coastal oilers for the British navy in WW2 but I have to admit I copied hull form characterics from your ship. That information is never provided on the net and I have to admit I suck trying to come up with it.

I would have been amenable to giving you some design assistance, or even designing a brand-new ship to your spec; I always have done so before. I even might have shrugged off a fairly blatant copy, but I'd prefer to be asked before the design became public.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 5:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

I would have been amenable to giving you some design assistance, or even designing a brand-new ship to your spec; I always have done so before. I even might have shrugged off a fairly blatant copy, but I'd prefer to be asked before the design became public.

Got it. design is deleted. still need help. is based on MV Harpa.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 2nd 2011, 5:37pm)

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 5:45pm

Deleting it is unnecessary - I'm not angry, you understand, but I did wish to be informed before I found this. You can continue using the design, in which case I'd ask that you provide an IC reason for the ship to so closely resemble the French vessels which precede them. Perhaps that means the Indian shipyard "borrowed" the Cerisoles plans - they're a civilian design for the French merchant fleet, so the designs aren't really classified. Perhaps an Indian shipwright sees one of the first Cerisoles-class ships, gets the basic dimensions, sketches it up, and decides to build his own loose copy. Perhaps the Indian shipyard buys the official plans and modifies them - again, since it's a civilian design I've no real issues selling the plans even to India, though France and India are not precisely buddy-buddy, SFAIK.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 6:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Deleting it is unnecessary - I'm not angry, you understand, but I did wish to be informed before I found this. You can continue using the design, in which case I'd ask that you provide an IC reason for the ship to so closely resemble the French vessels which precede them. Perhaps that means the Indian shipyard "borrowed" the Cerisoles plans - they're a civilian design for the French merchant fleet, so the designs aren't really classified. Perhaps an Indian shipwright sees one of the first Cerisoles-class ships, gets the basic dimensions, sketches it up, and decides to build his own loose copy. Perhaps the Indian shipyard buys the official plans and modifies them - again, since it's a civilian design I've no real issues selling the plans even to India, though France and India are not precisely buddy-buddy, SFAIK.

Thanks. probably will indicate the official plans were purchased and modified in India. I was also surprised how close they look but if you use basically the same hull requirements, take one of the screws to make it look more commercial from the original inspiration, and it was a given they were going to be the same ship except for small stuff.

In regard to France and Indian relationships that is a good point. probably not buddy-buddy but I can't recall any major points were India and France digress.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 2nd 2011, 6:44pm)