You are not logged in.

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 3:27pm

You guys only know that document out-of-character.

Hoo: I didn't mention your proposal - and some other matters - because there's no sense in giving too much info away...

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 7:58pm

Interesting OOC report indeed! Good stuff Rocky.

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 11:07pm

As my Gamemaster in my Mechwarrior campaign is fond of saying: "player knowledge, not character knowledge".

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 12:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD
As my Gamemaster in my Mechwarrior campaign is fond of saying: "player knowledge, not character knowledge".

Ahhhh.... Good ol´ Mechwarrior.....

What kind of Mech is yours?

Through my MechForce Germany carreer playing for the 2nd Genyosha I had an Archer-2K for the 3025er time line and a Wolverine-7K for the 3050er time line. And when playing MechWarrior RPG I later had an Archer-2SP - a modified standard Archer with a 20er LRM removed and a AC10 instead.

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 11:34pm

Modified Orion with an AC/20. My character is a badly beat-up Kurita-born Merc on a vendeta to kill the ex-CO who betrayed him and the rest of the unit for a cheap c-bill.

HoOmAn

Monday, September 25th 2006, 2:27pm

Ah, you prefer the Big Bang then? ;o) But isn´t heat an issue then and how did you compensate the additional weight?

The Archer-2SP I used actually had reduced heat issues as the AC/10 produces half as much as the LRM20. However, I had to give away both rear-firing MLs to compensate 2ts the AC is heavier than the LRM. Hardly a problem as the AC/10 then provided me with "one-shot-and-dead" capabilities the Archer was lacking before....

Monday, September 25th 2006, 8:45pm

Dropped the LRM launcher. Right now it has the AC, and four medium lasers plus extra heat sinks. My character is the type who likes to get in close and smash things (he has a temper). I started out with a Hunchback and my goal in life is to get a King Crab or a modified Banshee with twin AC/20's.

HoOmAn

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 12:03am

Wow, looks like you´re really up for a brawl. ;o) An AC/20 is a nice weapon but for me the only true carrier for this gun is a Victor...

There is a Banshee variant with a twin AC/20? Never saw this modification. Is it a house variant?

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 5:02am

The Banshee would be a custom design based on the Steiner BNC-3S with the 285 rating engine. Dropping the engine down a level frees up tremendous amounts of tonnage and I like how the Banshee looks, even more than the Atlas. As a Merc unit, our techs are rather "creative" and almost none of our mechs are stock. I'll need to save up a ton of money for the mech, but by taking on a few near-suicidal missions I should have enough in a few years of game time. Granted, the way my character acts he may rival Darth Vader for bionic replacements by then. He'd already lost an eye and a leg just during character creation.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, October 6th 2006, 6:08am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
You guys only know that document out-of-character.

Hoo: I didn't mention your proposal - and some other matters - because there's no sense in giving too much info away...

It was a nice summary though.
The Netherlands would not have been pleased with either of the first two options. I hope you're not to terribly shocked.