You are not logged in.

Friday, April 28th 2006, 9:14pm

I think the text should be;

"WesWorld: An Alternate History Simulation"
link

I'm not sure we need the plane as it is a primarily naval orientated sim.

Tarrif

Unregistered

Friday, April 28th 2006, 9:49pm

I didn't have much time to write last night since my baby daughter was awake most of the time, but I did put together this banner while she was napping on my lap. Its not much, but figured I throw it out there for anyone looking for ideas.

Do you guys have a slogan / logo?

Friday, April 28th 2006, 10:08pm

Welcome to Wesworld, Check your sanity at the door!

Friday, April 28th 2006, 11:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Tarrif
I didn't have much time to write last night since my baby daughter was awake most of the time, but I did put together this banner while she was napping on my lap. Its not much, but figured I throw it out there for anyone looking for ideas.

Do you guys have a slogan / logo?

I like it, it implies the fact that all this started out as a way to design ships in a fictious world, and that the ships, not anything else, are the important thing

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 1:20am

I like the blue print banner.
Its looks sophisticated.

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 2:27am

Would a ghostly map image of Atlantis help set the tone a little? in addition to the above blue print looking piece.

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 2:53am

Yes a map would be just perfect. Remove the the, leave just Wesworld.

Do we have a ship representative of Wesworld?

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 3:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Do we have a ship representative of Wesworld?

I nominate that crazy 1937 battleship design of Canis' with the 5 14" quads

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 3:19am

I think the "the" is there for copyright purposes or something. You get other stuff when you put in just Wesworld.

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 11:32am

Quoted

I nominate that crazy 1937 battleship design of Canis' with the 5 14" quads

Nah! I think Muteki Nippon would be better. I asked Canis' permission to use it for the Weswo...
Whoops! That was supposed to be a secret!

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 9:02pm

While I agree this sim was primarily started as a naval oriented sim, there is quite abit of discussion and story's on other stuff as well. Politics, alt history, armor, aircraft, tactics and secret weapons are also being discussed.

Shins banner seems to have the balance of pictures right, while Tarrifs is also good. I'd check out a few more before I could make a choice.

As for the text, their already is a "wesworld" out there (somones personal website, not mine!) so perhaps "the" should be included in the text.

Tarrif

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 3:59pm

Just made a post about Wesworld on my website's front page. Tell me what you think: www.tarrif.net

I hope it draws more attention to this little community - the good kind.

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 4:09pm

Looks neat. I like it.

Quoted

most members are well versed in naval warfare, warship design, and early 20th century history.

Whoops! Guess I do not fall in that category. ^_^;;

... might be an idea to give a warning that occasionally a few less serious things are posted as part of Wesworld's history (two guys are already aware what will appear in the very near future when it comes to AWNR Japan).

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 7:54pm

I like it Tarrif, thanks for the link!