You are not logged in.

Monday, July 19th 2004, 9:17pm

A red meatball or tasteful tri-color stripes pales in comparison to what I'm inflicting on Akbar...

I can't say I care for the Dutch cranes, but the rest of the De Ruyter is good and snappy. Stomp's been getting better and better, too.

Monday, July 19th 2004, 9:38pm

Quoted

A red meatball or tasteful tri-color stripes pales in comparison to what I'm inflicting on Akbar...

Well, I'd love to see what you have done to the Akbar. How would it compare with a pink cruiser?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 12:08am

Quoted

Originally posted by RAM
So...this time I introduce you to the KM De Ruyter.

Comments?

Uh, you´re scaring the hell out of me! ;o)

You´re really quick learning. Nice drawing! That one´s really good.

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 2:49pm

ok ,did the top view...had to change some things, and them modify a bit the side view to match the top one.

Any comments, will be welcome :)

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 6:25pm

I'd have added one more secondary turret, in 'X' position.

Great drawing!

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 7:28pm

I would increases the lenght of your main gun barrels, just for looks, as they seem "out of scale" with the turrets, but otherwise she looks really good!!!!

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 8:17pm

Quoted

I would increases the lenght of your main gun barrels, just for looks, as they seem "out of scale" with the turrets

That would depend how long those 13.58" guns are. My (rough) calculations puts the length of the gun at about 43 calibers. So it could be possible that the turrets need to be a little bit smaller. Pehaps the experts would know (cause I ain't one of them).

Tuesday, July 20th 2004, 8:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

I would increases the lenght of your main gun barrels, just for looks, as they seem "out of scale" with the turrets

That would depend how long those 13.58" guns are. My (rough) calculations puts the length of the gun at about 43 calibers. So it could be possible that the turrets need to be a little bit smaller. Pehaps the experts would know (cause I ain't one of them).

KM De Ruyter is armed with nine 34.5cm/54 guns.

Barrels are too small, so I have enlarged them (but still haven't upload the file until I hear more opinions to see if I need to change something else ;)).

Wednesday, July 21st 2004, 1:08am

I'm a little conserned about the secondarys aft receiving blast dammage from the aft main turret. I think you can move the aft turret further aft to creat more room for it to recieve a better firing arc.

Wednesday, July 21st 2004, 9:51am

I don't think that the main turrets can turn. B and X turrets especially.

I'd also change the hull form to some nicer shape as she looks a bit dumpy at the moment.

Wednesday, July 21st 2004, 11:29am

Pic updated-

-Changed the "step" of the aft deck to enlarge the firing arc for the aft turret.

-Moved the 2 aft secondary turrets forward.

-moved A, B turrets a bit forward, X turret a bit aft.
(there should be enough space for them to turn anyway but I created a bit more of separation between the turrets and structures)

Red Admiral, the BC of the KM De Ruyter is .588...its pretty high so I'd expect this hull shape...but I'm a newbie after all, if others also agree she's too "bulky", then I'll reshape her.