You are not logged in.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 6:44pm

AWNR: CFJ - Q2/25

AWNR: CFJ - April 5
> Reported by Huang Kuan-yin (Chosen Herald)
Our ally's Antarctic work for the season was concluded today. Japanese explorers managed to find a suitable location in the Mount Erebus region for the Mount Erebus Volcanic Observation Station (MEVOS). However it took them longer than expected to find such a location, so the start of the construction of the observation station will start in the next exploration season, later this year. Still a couple of factories will start the production of building material needed to build the observation station which then will be transported to Antarctica.

AWNR: CFJ - April 15
Today it has been announced that the United States Government will now allow the Auto Ordnance Corp. to deliver the Thompson Sub Machine gun Model 1921 to Japan. A US government official told AWNR that Japan, being part of the SATSUMA alliance is "a troublesome nation that seems to wish to destabilize the situation in the Asian region and conquer it together with its allies India, the Philippines, Chosen and Formosa."
Auto Ordnance's owner, General John T. Thompson, could understand the US government's standpoint, but it did rather annoy him. "The Japanese government is willing to free up money to buy AOC's weapons, however the US government doesn't want to spend a single dollar on this weapon. Even the Army rather spends more than twice the money on an outdated gun rather than this one which is clearly better and cheaper."
AWNR approached Thomas Ryan, AOC’s majority stock holder, regarding the situation. "What's done is done. Our government doesn't want it, however it'd be unacceptable if the Japanese were to produce this weapon by themselves. After all there are already a few Thompsons in Japan. AOC wouldn't get a single dollar from those produced guns. Still if that were to happen, I do hope that our government will reconsider and buy the Thompson sub machine gun."

AWNR: CFJ - May 12
> Reported by Huang Kuan-yin (Chosen Herald)
It does appear that the French have troubles with brigands in their colony of French Guiana. It does show that they do not really have people in that area who have the skills in order to deal with such a situation. While we recently had brigand troubles near the Manchurian border, we are fortunate with some skilled Japanese presence in our region.
By the time I arrived in the area, our problem apparently was solved. A friend of mine, Yang Chi-Hun who works as a tracker in the army was sent there in order to investigate. He and his buddies managed to find the brigand base… and when they entered it they encountered the first of the brigands… or what was left of them. They went on and found more mutilated bodies… and more… and more…
He told me that the ground was drenched in blood and bodies and body parts were everywhere. None of the bodies had heads. It was clearly the job of one who goes by the rules of “One head, some money; No head, no money.”
Still, what I have heard about these killers, they use swords, spears and weapons like that. So how would they deal with a situation that will involve firearms? I tried to ask my colleague at AWNR: Japan, Akaibara Yayoko, about this since she knows much more about them. Unfortunately she was in quite a foul mood and refused to answer any of my questions. I wonder what happened…

AWNR: CFJ - June 17
> Report by Akaibara Yayoko (AWNR: Japan)
Yours truly very much enjoyed reading the article of Mr. Lincoln for the New York Observer. I also believe that (after having read his story) Mr. Lincoln definitely needs a few good lessons in self-defense. It is always useful to know a few tricks to take down an opponent. One of my favorite tricks is aimed at the lower region of a male opponent’s body. Rather painful you might think. Well guess again: that trick will be much more painful when I unsheathe my Dotanuki. ^_^
While he is presumed to be dead, I wonder how much the head of Sultan Muhammad Jamalul Kiram II ibni Sultan Muhammad Jamalul Azam would be worth to the Filipino government…

AWNR: CFJ - June 20
> Report by Akaibara Yayoko from Trieste (AWNR: Japan)
The nose of the Sphinx! The Tower of Pisa that is now leaning to one side! The ruins of the Parthenon of Athens and the Coliseum of Rome! We all know who the culprit is!
He is Colonel Oonishi Manzo.
Some days ago, here in Trieste during the events surrounding the Italian Battleship Lepanto, an attempt to get access to the Lepanto by an unknown person whom we believe to be Colonel Oonishi was foiled by the Italians. Apparently he tried to gain access to the aircraft. Unfortunately for the “Manzo Taskforce” the Italians were unable to detain this person.
We can all but wonder what would have happened here if this man would have been successful in obtaining a plane.
I had the opportunity to talk with Yagyu Minoru, Daimyo of the Yagyu clan and the leader of the “Manzo Taskforce”.

AY: Greetings Yagyu-dono.
YM: Greetings Akaibara-san.
AY: Anything you can tell us about the incident involving this suspicious man?
YM: I have done some investigating and having interviewed some witnesses it does appear that this person was Colonel Oonishi Manzo.
AY: Did you manage to find out where he was going.
YM: Someone appeared to have seen him heading north but that doesn’t mean a thing so we shall keep on investigating.
AY: A question now that all faithful people who view this report in the theaters or listen to it on the radio: How was it possible that Colonel Oonishi managed to find his way straight aboard the Lepanto?
YM: Give any fool a map and let him follow the signs and he will get anywhere without too much problems. Also as they say here: there are many roads that lead to Trieste. So how hard can it be?
AY: (that’s not quite correct)
YM: But we do our best and we shall catch up with the colonel before he does more damage to the property of other nations.
AY: Thanks for your time, Yagyu-dono. And there you have it from the expert himself.
YM: (will dinner be ready when I get home from the chase, honey?)
AY: A warning to all nations: Lock up your planes! Manzo’s roaming the lands! You have been warned.

Saturday, December 4th 2004, 10:16pm

The Filipino Air Force Guards Regiment has been issued an order to shoot-on-sight any masked men who attempt to access our airfields.

;-)

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 11:41am

Quoted

The Filipino Air Force Guards Regiment has been issued an order to shoot-on-sight any masked men who attempt to access our airfields.

Better be careful. They might accidentally shoot Contra-Almirante De La Vega when he's travelling incognito, right?
;-)

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 11:52am

Quoted

The ruins of the Parthenon of Athens

Nope, it was those @#$%^ Turks. ; )

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 1:12pm

YESSSS...

"The nose of the Sphinx! The Tower of Pisa that is now leaning to one side! The ruins of the Parthenon of Athens and the Coliseum of Rome! We all know who the culprit is!
He is Colonel Oonishi Manzo. "

ROFL

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 1:24pm

Manzo has Atlantians looking skyward for a new kind of flaming comet falling to earth!!

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 1:27pm

Quoted

Nope, it was those @#$%^ Turks. ; )

Well, the Greek may be well aware of that, but the Japanese audience do not... so Manzo it the perfect suspect for that in the eyes of the Japanese media.

Glad you like that 'intro' to Manzo, Hooman.
And one of the worlds greatest mysteries at this moment is...
"How was it possible that Oonishi Manzo was promoted to Colonel"

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 1:30pm

Quoted

Manzo has Atlantians looking skyward for a new kind of flaming comet falling to earth!!

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Another Flaming Comet heading our way... just like all those centuries ago!!!!"
"Don't worry. It is only that Nip colonel, Oonishi Manzo. How bad can that be?"
> Discussion between two Atlanteans ministers on the day that Atlantis vanished from the face of the Earth.<
:-)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 2:51pm

Nasty thoughts...

I wonder if Manzo crashing into New Yorks stock-market would cause a Great Depression? (Resulting in factory output to be halved as proposed elsewhere....)

Sunday, December 5th 2004, 3:26pm

Quoted

I wonder if Manzo crashing into New Yorks stock-market would cause a Great Depression?

The Japanese do not care about "that Yankee sock-market" (no spelling error there) so if that were to happen, it would have some influence on the Kyoto Stock Exchange, but not enough to cause any panic.

Wednesday, December 8th 2004, 2:48am

Quoted

"...a troublesome nation that seems to wish to destabilize the situation in the Asian region and conquer it together with its allies India, the Philippines, Chosen and Formosa."

The Manila Envelope
18 April 1925

...and so the Americans prove once again that they are fair-weather friends, who assume that because we have joined together with our Asian bretheren to spread peace and wealth throughout our co-prosperity sphere, we automatically intend to spread death and destruction outside it!...

Wednesday, December 8th 2004, 2:56am

Quoted

...and so the Americans prove once again that they are fair-weather friends, who assume that because we have joined together with our Asian bretheren to spread peace and wealth throughout our co-prosperity sphere, we automatically intend to spread death and destruction outside it!...

(Like we (Americans) wouldn't come to that concussion naturally or anything...just the old mistrust of people with "yellow skin", to use one of the terms of the time.)