You are not logged in.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 1:49pm

Conflicting Treaties

The texts of the two conflicting Nordmark-Germany treaties can be found here and here .

In my discussions with previous Nordish players, they did not accept the assumption that the later treaty superseded the prior treaty - hence the conflict. A resolution was never reached.

One of the faults contained in the treaty texts is that they lack start dates - which makes determination of the currency difficult. Given your stated reservations about extending any existing agreement, resolution of such a gap is problematic.

This concerns me deeply - which, added to an antagonistic view of Wesworld as a whole (the "ASB" issue) causes me to question your motive in seeking to play Nordmark. Your prior decision to withdraw from playing Persia, and your comments since, are at variance with a desire to return to active play - which you have not answered to date.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BruceDuncan" (Aug 21st 2011, 1:50pm)

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 2:22pm

HH´s version of the treaty has a 1934 start date.

As for the Peruvian Air Force, Alex has recieved my suggestion and choosen not posted (accepted?) it for some reason.

As the board has shown that its not ready to accept me as a player I will not pursue it any longer.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 7:37pm

Seems like I've explained this before but I'll bite and explain again....

Turkeys expected gains from alliances such as WARSAW and WASP in order of importance.

1)Protect against Indo-Persian expansionism
2)Prevent a future conflict between Greece and Turkey that would likely end in the complete distruction of Turkey's fleet and a possible stalemate on land.
3) prevent a future conflict between the PRJ and the Turko-Bulgarian alliance
4)improve infrastructure and trade between the Balkan and eastern European regions
5)Protect against the various alliances in Europe

Points one and two go hand in hand. If Turkey doesn't have to worry about Greece dismantling the Turkish armed forces it can defend against percieved Indo-Persian expansionism. If it cannot Turkey, who has already lost more territory than historical, could stand to lose much much more to both Greek and Indo-Persian interests.

Points 3 and 4 also go hand in hand. If the PRJ is freindly Turkey has economic ties to Europe.

Point 5 is a pipe dream really but collectively at least the WARSAW nations could cause headaches. In reality the various nations in WARSAW enjoy freindly relations with 1 or more nations in either GNUK, FAR or AEGIS so the low likelyhood of conflict with those allainces places less focus on that particular aim.

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 8:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
As the board has shown that its not ready to accept me as a player I will not pursue it any longer.

From the comments I've heard expressed privately to me, I get the feeling - perhaps unsubstantiated - that people would not necessarily reject you as a returning player... but they don't feel you're the proper player for Nordmark. Perhaps returning to play Persia, or the Philippines postwar, might be more acceptable to folks around here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 10:05pm

I think Brock has a point here. Would you be interested in playing a smaller, less complex nation?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 8:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

There appears to be no formal written document summarizing the relations of Germany, Nordmark and the United Kingdom.

Odd. I know it happened. I found my 1936 Belgian account of it :

Quoted

The Brussels Sprout January 2nd
The announcement of a three way treaty between Nordmark, Germany and Great Britain signifies the decay of the great alliance which contained the Teutonic hordes in the Great War. Should the current veneer of German diplomacy wear thin and the inner Hun resurface, we must expect no help from our great friends in the United Kingdom, and that German wolves will close the sealanes to Belgian trade. Earlier accords between the United Kingdom and France leave the Channel coast unguarded by France, but the German navy is not yet to large for our Dutch compatriots to address. Belgium must work to further improve its ties to the Netherlands and France, and seek to strengthen the relationship with the United Kingdom in the hope of normalcy returning.

It was announced in the British 1/36 news and the
'chatter' had this as part of my response :

Quoted

OOC: It is the German-Nordmark Non-aggression pact, not the mutual defense one, so less unreasonable.

However, considering an arms race in the North Sea with Germany was a source of tremendous friction, the lack of constraints on the combination German-Nordmark fleet seems a bitter pill for the public to swallow.

The Dutch however, would see it as a net positive.